Storage Effects Shelf Life and Flavor
How you store your tea will have a big impact on its shelf life and the overall quality of the tea you serve. As a dry product tea easily absorbs moisture and odors so it is very important to store it an appropriate manner to ensure your customer have the best experience possible when the tea is served in a cup.
- Away from strong odors such as spices or fresh produce
- Away from humid areas such as a dishwasher
Packaging / Container
- Store in opaque packaging such as the resealable bags the tea arrives in
- Alternately user containers with double lids or silicone seals
- Use food safe non-reactive materials such as tea tins or Glazed ceramics.
Order in the Appropriate Quantity
- Much like spices, tea loses its potency flavor over time.
- More frequent, appropriately sized orders will help ensure that you have the freshest tea possible.